Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Starting fresh with Windows 7 on a laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, my uncle has given a me a Windows 7 Ultimate Laptop to format and do a fresh install of Windows!

Will update post!

I first have to reset Local Administrator password because he signed in with a local domain account
Okay followed Brian's video on how to reset the password using a windows disk, by the way great video Brian, You rock! Smile
Now I am going run d7II and use it's audit/report/diagnostics feature to find product keys for office and windows
when it comes to windows updates you should slipstream them into a ISO or use wusus offline updates
checking for updates takes way too long
(10-16-2016, 01:46 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]when it comes to windows updates you should slipstream them into a ISO or use wusus offline updates
Agreed!, will keep this post updated
Yeah slipstream the disk with all the latest updates.
(10-16-2016, 01:46 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]when it comes to windows updates you should slipstream them into a ISO or use wusus offline updates

We all agree, slipstream. Better yet get him to upgrade to Windows 10. If hardware allows.
Okay performed clean install, installing drivers
Installed Updates, installed applications, checked system.
Gave it back, he was very happy with the service Smile
glad you got everything solved tread closed