Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Error Message on Boot: any way to see what it is in Event Viewer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning:

Just a quick question: I have been experiencing boot up errors when I start up my friend's laptop: What it does is give me a sad face and says it needs to restart - It will do a 20, 40, 80, 100% thing, then reboot and run fine - but is there a way to see what the error code is and what the file that is causing the problem(s) with the Event Viewer? These error codes are cryptic, and I want to try to fix the problem?

Brian
after you boot into windows post a report how to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum
Yes. Open Event Viewer and look at the last issue, select it (highlight) and it should display a basic detail of the offending item, you can also do a search for the Event ID which is given.
(10-13-2016, 11:11 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Open Event Viewer and look at the last issue, select it (highlight) and it should display a basic detail of the offending item, you can also do a search for the Event ID which is given.

GuiltySpark:

Thank you for that information: I will now be able to look up the offending program or process and see if there is a way to correct the problem Wink

Brian
No worries mate Smile