Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Recovery Confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys, could you tell me if I'm doing this right, I'm getting a bit confused by all the terminology?

I'm frightened of my windows 10 crashing and the need to fully recover the system.

I have created the Recovery Drive on a 32GB USB Stick and I have the System Image on a portable drive which I also
use for back-ups.

Is that sufficient to get me out of trouble should the worse happen? I don't know how to use them and hope I won't have to
but I'll need to cross that bridge when I get to it.

Is there anything else I should do please?

Many thanks for any replies.
There is also backup feature for Windows 10 using File History, it  will make a regular, scheduled copies of the personal data on your PC and store it on an external drive. 
(10-12-2016, 10:52 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]There is also backup feature for Windows 10 using File History, it  will make a regular, scheduled copies of the personal data on your PC and store it on an external drive. 

Thanks Britec. I'm already using that feature for my backups.
You could use Fabs Autobackup, Brian did a video on it about a year ago...

Fabs Autobackup is a great little program.
It's like a little Chihuahua with a big bite....lol
I don't know, I took a bite from a Chihuahua and it was not nice  Big Grin
come on Brian  Chihuahua have little rat teeth how hard can they bit Big Grin
So we will let this little fellow bite you then  Dodgy
[attachment=1907]
on second thought  it looks like Brian may have been sharpening his teeth with some bones to guard his
computer room Big Grin
Pages: 1 2