Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: IE-11 download in W10 for security DVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a security system DVR, When I had Windows 7, and I wanted to download a video clip off my DVR, I went to my site to view my security cameras using Internet Explorer 11, click on backup, choose the day and time, then clicked on browse button and set the target folder where I wanted my video files to download too, and they went there. After Installing Windows 10, I do the same thing It shows its downloading to the path I choose, but when I go there , they are not there. What happen to IE-11 in W10 that it won't save my files. I tried Fire Fox and Edge, but my DVR needs the Active X to be installed to view my cameras and to save video clips. What do you think what is going on here.
(10-09-2016, 02:12 PM)kepster01 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a security system DVR, When I had Windows 7, and I wanted to download a video clip off my DVR, I went to my site to view my security cameras using Internet Explorer 11, click on backup, choose the day and time, then clicked on browse button and set the target folder where I wanted my video files to download too, and they went there. After Installing Windows 10, I do the same thing It shows its downloading to the path I choose, but when I go there , they are not there. What happen to IE-11 in W10 that it won't save my files. I tried Fire Fox and Edge, but my DVR needs the Active X to be installed to view my cameras and to save video clips. What do you think what is going on here.
Have you tried using internet explorer in Windows 10?

Try internet explorer and see if it works, if not, try this solution to enable ActiveX: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/17469/windows-internet-explorer-use-activex-controls
(10-09-2016, 02:15 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 02:12 PM)kepster01 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a security system DVR, When I had Windows 7, and I wanted to download a video clip off my DVR, I went to my site to view my security cameras using Internet Explorer 11, click on backup, choose the day and time, then clicked on browse button and set the target folder where I wanted my video files to download too, and they went there. After Installing Windows 10, I do the same thing It shows its downloading to the path I choose, but when I go there , they are not there. What happen to IE-11 in W10 that it won't save my files. I tried Fire Fox and Edge, but my DVR needs the Active X to be installed to view my cameras and to save video clips. What do you think what is going on here.

Try internet explorer and see if it works, if not, try this solution to enable ActiveX: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/17469/windows-internet-explorer-use-activex-controls

Tried to install it but get this message: The update is not applicable to your computer.

(10-09-2016, 02:24 PM)kepster01 Wrote: [ -> ]

Tried to install it but get this message: The update is not applicable to your computer.

I have been using IE 11 , the files download but don't show up at the target folder I picked.

I have been using IE 11 , the files download but don't show up at the target  folder I picked.
Sorry, I am not following, what update? Where did you get it from? Have you turned ActiveX on, if not try this solution: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/how-to-turn--activex-filtering--on-or-off.html
They replaced Internet Explorer with Edge in Windows 10, The default download location in Edge is your Downloads folder. To change the downloads location to your preferred target folder...you will have to change the setting in Edge...

Use these steps.....

1- At the top right corner of your Edge Browser click on the 3 vertical dots.
2- At the bottom of the drop down, click on settings.
3- Scroll down and click on the Gray "view advance settings" button.
4- Under Downloads, click on the gray "change" button and select your preferred target folder.
Done...
This should fix where your videos are going.

As far as the ActiveX, Your DVR Software may need to be updated to be compatible with Windows 10. Adobe flash is already built into Edge and should be working fine as long as you have been allowing Microsoft Updates.
(10-09-2016, 03:25 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]

I have been using IE 11 , the files download but don't show up at the target  folder I picked.
Sorry, I am not following, what update? Where did you get it from? Have you turned ActiveX on, if not try this solution: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/how-to-turn--activex-filtering--on-or-off.html

All active X option are on or prompt

I figured out my own problem, went to Tools, Internet Options, security, trusted sites, added the web site, custom level and put it to LOW. Downloads all the file video I select to the target folder I want. Smile
(10-10-2016, 12:36 AM)kepster01 Wrote: [ -> ]

(10-09-2016, 02:15 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using internet explorer in Windows 10?

I figured out my own problem, went to Tools, Internet Options, security, trusted sites, added the web site, custom level and put it to LOW. Downloads all the file video I select to the target folder I want. Smile
Glad you sorted out your issue, Problem Solved-Thread Closed