Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Disable windows update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how do i disable windows update? i am using windows 10 anniversary update
i can re able at later time
(10-09-2016, 06:49 AM)JonĀ Gilbert Wrote: [ -> ]how do i disable windows update? i am using windows 10 anniversary update
i can re able at later time
Yes you can re able it later. Please see snapshots on how to disable it:
First, type services.msc in the search box and select Services Desktop app
[attachment=1887]
Click the name tab to change a-z to z-a
[attachment=1888]
After that Double click on Windows Update
[attachment=1889]
Finally click the stop button, select startup type to disable, click apply and click OK
[attachment=1890]
This is what is should look like after you have performed the last step
[attachment=1892]

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper
There are workarounds to disable the updates but, it would be better if you defer the feature updates instead for security reasons

This would prevent the download of new Windows features for a certain period but won't affect the security updates

For details, refer https://www.windowscentral.com/how-defer-windows-10-updates
(10-09-2016, 08:17 AM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]There are workarounds to disable the updates but, it would be better if you defer the feature updates instead for security reasons

This would prevent the download of new Windows features for a certain period but won't affect the security updates

For details, refer https://www.windowscentral.com/how-defer-windows-10-updates
Partha, I think he just wants to disable it temporally and then after a short time, re enable it.
(10-09-2016, 08:19 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]Partha, I think he just wants to disable it temporally and then after a short time, re enable it.
I know and that is the very reason I recommended the option defer the feature updates instead

Preventing the security updates even for a short period of time is not wise
(10-09-2016, 03:27 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2016, 08:19 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]Partha, I think he just wants to disable it temporally and then after a short time, re enable it.
I know and that is the very reason I recommended the option defer the feature updates instead

Preventing the security updates even for a short period of time is not wise
I agree with you partha, Preventing security updates is bad because hackers could find a way to gain control of the system, I see your point!
(10-09-2016, 03:42 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with you partha, Preventing security updates is bad because hackers could find a way to gain control of the system, I see your point!
Thanks

I would like to know why Jon wants to disable the updates
I will never recommend disabling Windows update, Along with other features of Windows. There are a lot of different services that contribute to the security of Windows, and Windows update is one of them. These are the type of opportunities some people are counting on. Oh only a short time, that's all they need.
Thanx so much RECdevicehelper
thread will be close
(10-09-2016, 10:14 PM)JonĀ Gilbert Wrote: [ -> ]Thanx so much RECdevicehelper
thread will be close
Your Welcome!
Pages: 1 2