Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Reverse Trace route
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody knows a tool which can perform a reverse trace route?
Great question. Is there such a tool? Especially when the "other end" is unattended. A simple visual explanation of what you are asking.

[Image: CaptureReverse%20TR.JPG]
Nice visual explanation Timster. I came up with this question because currently we are experiencing high latency issue on one domain IP which causes performance issue on our application. I trace route the said IP and it returns 20 hops in order to reach the IP and some packet loss. I get in touch with my ISP and requested for a route change for optimization and the things that they need from me is the Forward and Reverse traceroute which I can only provide the forward traceroute, I emailed the destination IP to provide me the trace route from their end to my gateway unfortunately they haven't reply yet.

Tools that I used:
tracert command in Windows
WinMTR
WinMTR is a wicked little tool, used it many times. Another great tool is Wireshark
Are you talking about a webhosting account here? i.e. running cpanel?
I almost forgot this great little tool visual route info on reverse tracing with Visual Route