Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: When should I optimise and setup windows 10?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Brian made the video "How to optimise and setup windows 10"

I am just about to perform a clean install of windows 10.

Should I optimise after I install drivers, updates, applications or before I install apps or after the clean installation is finished

When should I optimise it?
I would say after drivers, updates, applications are installed
I would set the system up and run for awhile deciding at that point if I thought the system even needed to be optimized. You may find Windows ten is fine for You. And leave well enough alone.
It is not really required unless there is an apparent performance slowdown because of the fragmentation of files on a hard drive

Please be advised that the fragmentation of files will not affect the performance in a solid state drive
I would optimise but image the system first using Clonezilla or Macrium reflect
I personally use Clonezilla but its a bit hard to use at first, but once you learn its cake walk not taking away anything from Macrium reflect also works great
You don't need to optimize Windows 10 that much.
  • Install Windows 10
  • Install Drivers
  • Update Windows 10
  • Install applications you want
  • Change your settings you want
  • Make a system image
Thanks Guys for all your advice, will keep all of this mind for the future. I will try not to go crazy on tweaking the system, but I bet once I start tweaking, I won't be able to stop Big Grin LOL