Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: The computer restarted unexpectedly, or encountered an unexpected error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a PEAQ PMM P1011 which runs on Windows 10. Recently it has crashed and it is showing the following message on the black screen which shows 'PEAQ':
'Install Windows - The computer restarted unexpectedly, or encountered an unexpected error. Whindows intstallation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer then restart the installation.'

When i click 'OK' the computer restarts and brings me back to the same screen with the same message.

I have tried to gain access to the save mode screen by pressing 'F8' during start up. Unfortunately without succes.

Specs:
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/452173/peaq-pmm-p1011-i1nl/specificaties/

Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Greetings.
We will be pleased to help. So what exactly happens when you try to boot into the safe mode? I understand that it fails but I want to know exactly how it fails.

Also, do you remember what you were up to right before the system crashed? It may have to do with it
(09-19-2016, 07:24 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]We will be pleased to help. So what exactly happens when you try to boot into the safe mode? I understand that it fails but I want to know exactly how it fails.

Also, do you remember what you were up to right before the system crashed? It may have to do with it

It's not exactly my laptop, that's why i am not sure. I believe that the laptop was trying to do an update...
Can you see the picture i've attached to the post?
I don't know how it failes to acces the safe mode to reboot the system. Is there another way to acces this?
This should resolve your issue:

1. Boot computer and wait for the error to appear
  2. Press SHIFT+F10 this will open the command prompt box.
  3. To open registry editor type the command “regedit
  4. once registry editor opens navigate to: HKey_Local_machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion
  5. On the right hand pane, find a key called “setup.exe” change the value from 1 to 3. by double clicking “setup.exe” registry key and change the keys value to 3.
  6. Exit registry and press OK and the computer will restart
  7. You should be good to go.

The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” during installation of windows
Thank you very mutch for your help. It did resolve the issue. As it turns out the battery or the charger does not work. That's why the system got stuck.
Thanks for letting us know.

Solved - Thread Closed