Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: What is the best wireless card for a desktop gaming PC, can I install it in my sys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi guys,
Can you help me find a good quality graphics card, that is stable, works well with gaming, I would
Like it to work with Star Wars Battlefront. Very fast! No connection is slow message when playing that game .

When you find the wireless card, is it possible to
Install that in my pc, here are the specs: https://m.ebuyer.com/734664

Thanks

REC560
you would be better off gaming from Ethernet why do you want to game from wireless?

we need to look at a few things

what is your motherboard?

what router you are using ?

what are pings on a speed?

the placement  of the router
(09-16-2016, 11:01 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]you would be better off gaming from Ethernet why do you want to game from wireless?

we need to look at a few things

what is your motherboard?

what router you are using ?

what are pings on a speed?

the placement  of the router
you would be better off gaming from Ethernet why do you want to game from wireless? because my router is downstairs.
the placement of the router: down stairs  in the sitting room next to the tv, my computer is upstairs
what is your motherboard?: Asus Z170-P
what router you are using ?: BT Home Hub
what are pings on a speed? Not sure
i would use ethernet cord for better ping speed
You could try a HomePlug
ok i am guessing you are using a wireless card already ?

what is ping speed if you run a speed test? speedtest

the lower ping the better

what is your router model number?

just to add to GS post wifi extender powerline
Hi, guys, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it, Compton! Can you find some wifi extender powerline in the UK

Also with the wifi extender powerline, after you have cloned the wifi network, can you connect the wifi extender from an ethernet cable to the computer
BT Broadband Extender 600 Kit, Powerline Adapter

yes you will plugin the extender into a power socket then you will plugin one end of  Ethernet  cable into externder and the end  into to the computers

what is ping speed? for gaming it should be 4 or less

[Image: 41SZkJseXcL._SY450_.jpg]
oops, I have just realised I don't need a wireless card if I plug an ethernet cable into my computer using the BT Broadband Extender 600 Kit, Powerline Adapter, I am right Compton!
ok using a USB adopter was not the best but with buying wifi adopter card its not be all and end  fix

the wifi adopter is a important part yes but you have to take other things in consider here like
  • the wifi range on the router
  • how much speed can be send over wifi
  • how much seed the router support
  • the placement of router
  • how much wifi channel the router support
  • are you getting interference from  anything in side your home  
  • are you getting interference  from outside your home
  • what your is internet speed
  • ping soeed

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5