Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: 3 anti virus softwares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know i have anti malware Malwarebytes premium, Avast free edition and SecureAPlus free edition installed on my PC at a time, is it cause a performance conflict?
They say you can not run two real-time scanners at the same time, because it will cause problems.
Run one real-time scanner.
(08-25-2016, 03:09 AM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know i have anti malware Malwarebytes premium, Avast free edition and SecureAPlus free edition installed on my PC at a time, is it cause a performance conflict?

I am not sure what you mean by a "performance conflict" but, with a setup like yours, there can be conflicts between the 3 antimalware, which can lead to other issues

If you are concerned about the overall system performance, then yes, it will be impacted because more running programs lead to more performance impact

I would recommend keeping just one real-time antimalware
(08-25-2016, 05:42 AM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2016, 03:09 AM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know i have anti malware Malwarebytes premium, Avast free edition and SecureAPlus free edition installed on my PC at a time, is it cause a performance conflict?

I am not sure what you mean by a "performance conflict" but, with a setup like yours, there can be conflicts between the 3 antimalware, which can lead to other issues

If you are concerned about the overall system performance, then yes, it will be impacted because more running programs lead to more performance impact

I would recommend keeping just one real-time antimalware
Hi f23948, like Partha said, the more the anti-viruses you have, the more system resources are used to make those programs function, thus, your performance will decrease. This happens because of real-time protection, it keeps scanning your system, so if any infections come on the system, the antivirus can quickly cure the system. When I mean by system resources, I mean, it will use a lot of your memory (ram), CPU and the disk (hard drive), thus your system will be really slow and will be very hard to use. So I suggest you use one powerful antivirus, Malwarebytes Premium is a great, SecureAPlus as well, but personally, I suggest Bitdefender Total Security 2016, but chose whatever one you want, Personally I think you should keep MalwareBytes Premium, it is a brilliant real-time protection.
It's like using too much medication you will get side effects the something would happen to your system if you run too many AV and security program
(08-25-2016, 05:38 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]It's like using too much medication you will get side effects the something would happen to your system if you run too many AV and security program
Very True Compton, great comparison between medicine and computer