Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Google is discontinuing Google+ Hangouts On Air on September 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Google is discontinuing Google+ Hangouts On Air on September 12, Angry  they want to push people to use YouTube Live. I think this is a big mistake, it was a good way to have Hangouts with your friends from all over the world. Group video chat on Google+ started back in September 2011. I am not sure if you can have a private Youtube Live chat with broadcasting to your Youtube account. I will need to look into it more.

To use Hangouts On Air with YouTube Live, follow these steps:

1. Go to Live Streaming Events in Creator Studio.
  2. Click New live event.
  3. Select Quick (using Google Hangouts On Air).
  4. Give your live stream a title.
  5. Click Go live now or enter in details to schedule your event for later.
  6. Use Hangouts to broadcast live.
Source venturebeat.com
(08-19-2016, 05:43 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Google is discontinuing Google+ Hangouts On Air on September 12, Angry they want to push people to use YouTube Live. I think this is a big mistake, it was a good way to have Hangouts with your friends from all over the world. Group video chat on Google+ started back in September 2011. I am not sure if you can have a private Youtube Live chat with broadcasting to your Youtube account. I will need to look into it more.

To use Hangouts On Air with YouTube Live, follow these steps:

1. Go to Live Streaming Events in Creator Studio.
  2. Click New live event.
  3. Select Quick (using Google Hangouts On Air).
  4. Give your live stream a title.
  5. Click Go live now or enter in details to schedule your event for later.
  6. Use Hangouts to broadcast live.
Source venturebeat.com
Thanks for the info Britec, I agree with you, why stop Hangouts with our friends it's crazy Huh "I am not sure if you can have a private Youtube Live chat with broadcasting to your Youtube account. I will need to look into it more" Good luck finding out if it is possible.
oh no Sad
is it still possible to upload my video on youtube?
You can still upload your videos on youtube if that is what you mean
ok cool thanks for the reply RC560
no worries
I don't think they are killing Hangouts itself just the Live feature.
(08-20-2016, 02:34 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think they are killing Hangouts itself just the Live feature.
Oh okay, thanks for explaining Timster