Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: What is this file eiunin21.exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As in the title, what is that, and can it be deleted:
[Image: 9qHXodv.png]
It is in C:\Windows drirectory
It does nothing interesting after executing, only pops up with that:
[Image: UpeyiWB.png]
Here is VirusTotal scan of this file: https://virustotal.com/pl/file/fcfb4878bda18310463d0ce4f3b23840f731492306da5500293f9e7399dd7228/analysis/1469769086/

I have no idea, where it came from, but it isn't made by Microsoft, so I would want to get rid of it, but I don't know is it safe to do that
I have no clue. I researched  but there seems to be no real source with any information about this file or its developer

I would suggest you to remove it. Looks suspicious

I would also like you to run sfc /scannow just to make sure that the system files are safe, and once you're done with that, run a  scan with a second opinion scanner like Zemana antimalware or Hitman pro
its probably malware

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on [Image: FRST.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please copy and paste their content into your next reply.
You can read about file here
I don't think this FRST thing will even fit. I added the FRST.txt and Addition.txt to the attachments, but this will probably make me delete it:
[Image: LQYwxBK.png].

EDIT: The file wasn't deleted so I removed it manually, it wasn't owned by Windows since I didn't need to use takeown command, Windows boots fine without eiunin21.exe. For now, it is in my trash can
Run sfc /scannow like I said just to make sure that your system files are safe and later, run a scan with a second opinion scanner
(07-29-2016, 12:51 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]Run sfc /scannow like I said just to make sure that your system files are safe and later, run a scan with a second opinion scanner

sfc /scannow said that no errors were detected, Malwarebytes detected nothing, Hitman Pro deleted few tracking cookies. That's it.
(07-29-2016, 01:17 PM)MarioLuigi55 Wrote: [ -> ]sfc /scannow said that no errors were detected, Malwarebytes detected nothing, Hitman Pro deleted few tracking cookies. That's it.

Nice to hear that