Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: The Windows Store is Crashing and not responding bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time i open the store it will display the windows store logo with dancing dots and store crashes or sometimes it just not responds ...
Any fix for this problem..... Sad
(07-25-2016, 09:53 AM)Robert Salas Wrote: [ -> ]Every time i open the store it will display the windows store logo with dancing dots and store crashes or sometimes it just not responds ...
Any fix for this problem.....  Sad

Type troubleshooting into search bar and try troubleshooting the store apps. If that doesn't work type "wsreset" into search bar and run the app. It will delete store cache
(07-25-2016, 09:53 AM)Robert Salas Wrote: [ -> ]Every time i open the store it will display the windows store logo with dancing dots and store crashes or sometimes it just not responds ...
Any fix for this problem.....  Sad

First, check if your time zone is correctly set. There are instances where the incorrect time zone was the cause of this problem

Navigate to the date and time settings, and make sure that it's set up properly as illustrated below

[attachment=1426]

[attachment=1427]

For me, it's UTC+05:30 as I am from India. Check if your time zone is set up appropriately as per your location

If the problem persists, then try the following

Run wsreset.exe
To do this, press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Then type in wsreset.exe and click Ok. This will open up a command prompt which will attempt to repair the store.

Delete the Store Cache
If all else fails, navigate your File Explorer to the following directory:
C:\Users<Insert Username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\
Once here, delete the Local Cache folder and try launching the Windows Store again.

Let me know if this helps