Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Inbox driver what is it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An inbox driver is when you instal windows and the drivers Microsoft provided during the installation are what is installed like (StorAHCI.sys driver) disk controller is running a basic driver but not the actual driver or how your sound card will say standard instead of realtek etc.

But my question is how do you find the actual disk controller for your computer? Ive looked on hp for my drivers and came across intel raid but i assumed that was for a raid array or so i thought? Can someone help?
Try matching up the hardware ID. Ig the name of the driver has RAID in the name that does not mean for RAID arrays only.
Would it be safe to install the disk controller driver after windows is installed?
The driver i was talking about for my system was unsupported by my system that was on the support page for my system. So in the device manager under the disk controller section says standard, is there a driver i should download or should i leave it as standard?
are you downloading the right driver what is what is your Service Tag or product ID.Drivers & Downloads
(07-19-2016, 09:39 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]The driver i was talking about for my system was unsupported by my system that was on the support page for my system. So in the device manager under the disk controller section says standard, is there a driver i should download or should i leave it as standard?

If there is a exclamation point in Device Manager for that component? If not I would let it be.
Oh alright thank you timster