Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Should I update the bios before installing windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a ASUS Z170-P MOTHERBOARD VERSION 9003, SHOULD I UPDATE IT?
I would not update the bios because I see no major change in bios update
REC650:

I am with Compton: I would NOT update the BIOS Unless you KNOW that you need to update it: This is because if you flash the BIOS and it does not work properly, then you MAY run the risk of not being able to reflash the BIOS back to an earlier version. ONLY update the BIOS if and when it is required - It may be required in some cases, but the only way to know that is to know the computer manufacturer and whether or not it may be needed. You usually have BIOS updates come down with system upgrades, and if not, the Manufacturer's Website will have the firmware for the model of your machine. BIOS updates are usually harmless, but it pays to know if it is needed.

Brian
(07-05-2016, 09:49 PM)baker7 Wrote: [ -> ]REC650:

I am with Compton:  I would NOT update the BIOS Unless you KNOW that you need to update it: This is because if you flash the BIOS and it does not work properly, then you MAY run the risk of not being able to reflash the BIOS back to an earlier version.  ONLY update the BIOS if and when it is required - It may be required in some cases, but the only way to know that is to know the computer manufacturer and whether or not it may be needed.  You usually have BIOS updates come down with system upgrades, and if not, the Manufacturer's Website will have the firmware for the model of your machine.   BIOS updates are usually harmless, but it pays to know if it is needed.

Brian
Thank you for that, so I can install windows 7 without updating the bios
you can install windows 7 without updating the bios
(07-06-2016, 12:21 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]you can install windows 7 without updating the bios
Thank you case closed