Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 Reset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i literally just reset my windows 10 but made it to keep my files and i'm now not sure what to do next as i have never had this sort of problem before. Will i need to reinstall everything i've lost such as my drivers for my 950?
at what stage is it resetting at ?
(06-10-2016, 12:07 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]at what stage is it resetting at  ?

it's done mate if that's what you mean
you are getting black screen then the computer is resettling?
what is happening the windows 10 restore image is getting corrupted
at this point I would do clean install of windows 10

[attachment=1216]when I reset my pc I didn't have to do anything all my files were still there after reset. As far has problem you don't say what problems your having. And one more thing any thing that did not come with the pc will be removed. So yes you might have to reinstall somethings. Not personal files but apps/programs
I think i know why i constantly have to reset my windows. It's because everytime i try to run the Kaspersky Internet Security app it tells me to uninstall avast because problems may occur i made it so that it didn't uninstall it and then it just came up with this
[attachment=1217]

I reset my PC the loading screen gets to 100% then i check my files and i get these two

[attachment=1218]

Now some of the things i open basically make more files. For example i reset windows the other day opened up steam and it made every single file on the desktop whereas it's already done that on my second hard drive. I fixed that by dragging the files into my hard drive. Now would i have to reinstall all the things i installed when i first got my PC such as drivers for my GTX950 and the bios for my mobo?
I would test your hard drive

I'm going to say yes, you will have to reinstall. This is not my experience talking, but common sense.
(06-11-2016, 11:41 PM)MyComputerIsFried Wrote: [ -> ]I think i know why i constantly have to reset my windows. It's because everytime i try to run the Kaspersky Internet Security app it tells me to uninstall avast because problems may occur i made it so that it didn't uninstall it and then it just came up with this

I would completely uninstall Avast from Windows 10. I have found that Avast does not play well with Windows 10 and sometimes may not show signs of this till later down the line.
(06-12-2016, 02:44 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2016, 11:41 PM)MyComputerIsFried Wrote: [ -> ]I think i know why i constantly have to reset my windows. It's because everytime i try to run the Kaspersky Internet Security app it tells me to uninstall avast because problems may occur i made it so that it didn't uninstall it and then it just came up with this

I would completely uninstall Avast from Windows 10. I have found that Avast does not play well with Windows 10 and sometimes may not show signs of this till later down the line.

I agree with Timster: You really do NOT need any AV on your computer when running Windows 10, because Windows 10 has Defender: I was also advised that you do not need anything for AV for windows 7 or 8, because as long as you are running Defender, it will take care of it - However, I still use MBAM if needed, or other AV tools when I need them Wink

Brian
Pages: 1 2