Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How to burn ANYTHING Windows 8/8.1/10 PRO: Will not fit on DVD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning:

Is there a way to burn an ISO file on a DVD when we are talking about a PRO version of ANY Windows Product? I cannot burn 8.1 PRO for a friend because the image file is too big, but I was able to COPY it as an ISO off of his DVD. Is there a way to do this (Note that I do NOT have a USB stick to be able to do this with - can it be compressed or something?)

Brian
(05-29-2016, 01:16 PM)baker7 Wrote: [ -> ]Good Morning:

Is there a way to burn an ISO file on a DVD when we are talking about a PRO version of ANY Windows Product?  I cannot burn 8.1 PRO for a friend because the image file is too big, but I was able to COPY it as an ISO off of his DVD.  Is there a way to do this (Note that I do NOT have a USB stick to be able to do this with - can it be compressed or something?)

Brian
It shouldn't exceed 4 gigs and so it should burn to a blank DVD without any issues. Check the following link
https://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
Personally i use Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool
You can get dual layer discs
Hello everyone:

I will look into the link provided for creating the media - Thanks Britec and Compton

I will also investigate getting the dual-layer discs and see what happens Smile

Brian
did you get it working