Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Third Hard Drive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was going to uninstall an app that i didn't want and noticed that i have another hard drive that is 17gb. When i open it there is nothing inside of it. I'm pretty sure that i only have two HDDs and there is currently no USBs slotted into my rig (only keyboard and mouse) so it can't be a USB that i've stuck in there.
[attachment=1120]
F: is your recovery partition. Your C: drive has been split into two partitions. Something pc manufacturers do to give you a way to restore your computer to factory defaults.
(05-17-2016, 01:22 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]F: is your recovery partition. Your C: drive has been split into two partitions. Something pc manufacturers do to give you a way to restore your computer to factory defaults.

It's empty though should it be?
It is a hidden partition but if you look closely at your picture you posted you will see that the F: partition is more than half way full.

[Image: 2016-05-18_10-07-13.jpg]
Yeah it says 2.44GB free out of 17.5GB so like Tim said, its got you Windows Recovery file in it.
Like Tim said, it actually just has 2.4 gigs free even though it looks empty. If however you want to reclaim that space, you always have the option to delete the partition, format the disk and perform a clean install
just keep in mind with deleting you would lost the able recover your laptop