Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Proper way to store a CPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have taken apart my old HP and i do not know how to properly store a CPU as i know they are very delicate and can be easily damaged. As of right now i have it still in the CPU socket on the mobo.
ya it be safe in the motherboard socket just keep CPU fan on to it
(05-02-2016, 10:12 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ya it be safe in the motherboard socket just keep CPU fan on to it

But i want to take it out so i can sell it
Place it carefully inside a box such that the pins face upwards (check the screenshot below).. the idea is that the pins do not get touched because they are very delicate

[attachment=1077]

Place the box in a dark place, like inside a cupboard at room temperature.. It will be safe
(05-02-2016, 12:55 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]Place it carefully inside a box such that the pins face upwards (check the screenshot below).. the idea is that the pins do not get touched because they are very delicate

Place the box in a dark place, like inside a cupboard at room temperature.. It will be safe

You didn't attach the screenshot

(05-02-2016, 11:45 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]CPU Processor Packaging Storage Box Case Protective Plastic Shell AMD/Intel

Wont that cause static electricity or something? i've heard thats bad for your components
(05-03-2016, 09:08 AM)MyComputerIsFried Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Partha' pid='11632' dateline='1462193723']
Place it carefully inside a box such that the pins face upwards (check the screenshot below).. the idea is that the pins do not get touched because they are very delicate

You didn't attach the screenshot

Thanks.  Just did