Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Laptop HD vs Momentus 7200 Hybrid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The HP laptop my fiancé owns has a 5400 rpm HD.I have been reading up on the Seagate Momentus SSHD 750GB 7200 rpm hybrid drive.

Is the Hybrid a BIG step up in performance or should she go with a lot smaller SSD?She basically does a little social media and some low end Steam games....mainly puzzlers and card games.

Since we are both on disability money is a BIG issue but I don't want her to have a slow puter anymore.I am going to do a clean install of Windows 10 and replace the HD so it should speed things up a little.

Right now all the BLOATWARE from HP is killing the thing.Thx for your time.
Just bypass the hybrid drives and go for the SSD, way faster, you can always use a external drive for storage if you need more space.
(04-29-2016, 11:33 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Just bypass the hybrid drives and go for the SSD, way faster, you can always use a external drive for storage if you need more space.

Thx Britec.....I will get her a 240GB SSD and use her current HD for storage via Sata to USB cable.
(04-29-2016, 03:11 PM)PerusTC Wrote: [ -> ]Thx Britec.....I will get her a 240GB SSD and use her current HD for storage via Sata to USB cable.

What model of laptop is it? I've got a caddy for my Lenovo T410 that replaces my cd drive with a hard drive. Really convienent for having an ssd + mechanical in combi mode
(04-30-2016, 08:35 AM)Vincent Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2016, 03:11 PM)PerusTC Wrote: [ -> ]Thx Britec.....I will get her a 240GB SSD and use her current HD for storage via Sata to USB cable.

What model of laptop is it? I've got a caddy for my Lenovo T410 that replaces my cd drive with a hard drive. Really convienent for having an ssd + mechanical in combi mode

It's a HP 17z-E100 from 2013.....and it is a piece of crap.I am pretty sure she wants to keep the DVD slot but,thanks for the suggestion