Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Runtime broker.exe error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't get much information about it but today i just got a runtime broker error on my windows 10 home os, will this cause issues or is it okay? I searched a little about it online and i ran accross away to disable it and i haven't had a pop up since but itd be nice for a second opinion just in case, thank you in advance
Open a command prompt as administrator and run sfc /scannow.

You can also disable Runtime broker in registry if you are comfortable in doing so. Please backup your registry before doing so.

What kind of error you getting? high CPU usage? 
Thank you timster i actually did what you posted before you put it up there. Britec ive been having high disk usage a little after i first hit the desktop, my disk usage goes up and down for like 10 min and looking at task manager its a system process that has an arrow that drops down and inside it is superfetch,program campatibility assistant service and a few others
1. Press Start button > Settings > System > Click Notifications and actions > Disable “Show me tips about Windows“.

[attachment=896]

This has been known to stop the High CPU usage 
Im having trouble with high disk usage though but thank you for the tip britecSmile
This is a new issue unrelated to your original problem. Please start a new thread in regards to your high disk usage.