Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Dual booting option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am wondering which is the way to go. I have windows 10 on a 250 gig SD drive which was upgraded from 7, then I have a 670gig drive with win 7 (I cloned 7 before upgrading) My question is can I install a clean version of 10 dual booting on the HD with the win 7 (670gig drive). Will I have licensing issues with 10?

My pc only allows me to use 2 HD's... My thoughts were I could have windows 7/10 on one drive and mate/mint on another drive which I already have.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
If that Windows 7 licence was upgraded to Windows 10, then yes, you will run into a issue, because you cannot use that windows 7 licence key again, unless you roll back from Windows 10 to 7.

Upgrading to Windows 10 does not give you a free Windows 10 licence, so you can still use Windows 7 licence. 
Thanks Brian. I think I will put the newer Mint version when it comes out dual booting win 7/Mint... Then leave 10 on the SSD... That should suit my plan.. BTW like your videos you do real good.. Dave

(04-08-2016, 04:41 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]If that Windows 7 licence was upgraded to Windows 10, then yes, you will run into a issue, because you cannot use that windows 7 licence key again, unless you roll back from Windows 10 to 7.

Upgrading to Windows 10 does not give you a free Windows 10 licence, so you can still use Windows 7 licence. 
you are right Upgrading to Windows 10 does not give you a free Windows 10 licence, so you can still use Windows 7 licence.
but your windows 7 key is being used as a windows 10 now long as that windows 7 key is being used on a windows 10 operating system you can, t use that key on a next windows 7 operating system
I though still have a copy of win 7 I cloned before I upgraded... That's why my 7 still works..

(04-08-2016, 05:51 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]you are right Upgrading to Windows 10 does not give you a free Windows 10 licence, so you can still use Windows 7 licence.
but your windows 7 key is being used as a windows 10 now long as that windows 7 key is being used  on a windows 10 operating system you can, t use that key on a next windows 7 operating system
But that would then be piracy and we can't help support that or condone piracy on these forums for legal reasons. hope you understand.