Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Volume Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since upgrading to Win 10 Pro when I try to raise the volume on my speakers I get this annoying message about volume increase could cause hearing loss... and disables doing so until I click allow. I have tried changing drivers to no avail and have not found a way to disable this annoying message. I did not have this issue with Win 8 or 8.1 does anyone know of a work around or registry hack to get rid of this?[attachment=879]
need more information computer model number and manufacturer how to get system information using Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
This is not machine specific from what I have seen online.... That being said I have a Samsung 15" Series 9 NP900X4C-A03CA With a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. As mentioned I have tried numerous drivers with the Realtek HD Audio. There must be a registry hack or something to get rid of this annoyance
Ok, first I am full aware that it could be windows 10 it could also be an Audio driver problem

giving us your laptop model number and manufacturer could help us in fixing your problem

Open Device Manager.
Expand Sound Video and Game Controllers.
.Right-click on High Definition Audio Device and select Uninstall.
reboot

if that don,t work install this audio driveraudio driver

if that don,t work install SW update tool
SWUpdate  restart the PC after installing the SW update tool for effective functioning of the software.
Sorry did not mean to sound disrespectful.... I will give that driver a try I was using a slightly newer version....
thread closed due to lack of response if you would like it to be re open PM one of the Admin
Thread reopen requested by markinhfx
So after some rigamorole I was able to get rid of the volume warning by loading an older driver. However Windows 10 Pro insists on trying to change the drive to one that will cause this warning. See attached pictures. For some reason the Hide/Show updates does not list the update however as you can see by the pics it is scheduled to be installed.... I am unsure as to how to block this??? I thought the hide show would allow it however it is not... Does it have to be installed first before that will work?
Any other idea's?
Thanks
Mark

(05-05-2016, 09:09 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]

For some reason which I don't fully understand.... the driver update is no longer trying to update... as I had previously made the changes to prevent driver updates which were in the video.... it was still trying to update.... now it has stopped??? That is a good thing though as I am using some generic drivers from 2012 that are working and don't cause the issue.
Pages: 1 2