Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Microsoft unveils Windows 10 system with Start Menu,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29431412
Yeah it looks good Ray
(10-01-2014, 04:00 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it looks good Ray

I know a few people have not liked Windows 8 /8.1 but I have found its not slowed down over time like other Windows O/S so thats been a big plus for me
(10-02-2014, 09:44 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Download Windows 10 Technical Preview

Thanks Brian
Looks like an 8..8.1 and 9 combo called 10...nothing new except it looks a lot like Linux in parts...but that can't be true as Microsoft would never steel ideas from other people would they. Big Grin
(10-08-2014, 04:52 AM)Bill73 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like an 8..8.1 and 9 combo called 10...nothing new except it looks a lot like Linux in parts...but that can't be true as Microsoft would never steel ideas from other people would they.  Big Grin

Big Grin I have been reviewing Win 10 tech preview since it came out Big Grin and noticed features from Ubuntu and thought the same way. Not Microsoft Cool ? Not barrow from Linux Angel Angel
I like Windows 8/8.1 .... What I don't like is the secure boot that can be buried a bit in the BIOS. Right before Windows 8 came out Microsoft announced that there would be no way to disable secure boot until an uproar from potential consumers changed that.
Quick question , I want to give this 10 Tech Preview a look, but in the downloads theres a choice of x64 and x86,  my pc specs say I run x64 but my program files say x86?  Not sure which I want
Are you currently running a 32bit system?

If so then it means your cpu is capable of handling 64bit, my laptop is the same (currently running Vista 32bit but the cpu is 64bit capable if I wanted to use a 64bit OS). You may have to up the RAM though.
Pages: 1 2