Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Administrator password windows 10 pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help! My boyfriend downloaded windows 10 pro on our brand new computer and skipped the part to link to an email or phone number and when he tried to log in, the password he chose won't work.
What did you upgrade from?

Is it a Local Account or a Live Account?
It's a brand new computer it had windows 10 home on it with no password and my boyfriend bought windows 10 pro. He inserted the USB for pro and went from there. When it asked for and email or phone number he hit skip. He told me what password he was using. Then when he tried to log in after set up the password isn't working. I've tried typing everything I can think of.

I don't know how to tell if it's local or live.?
Local would be a standard user login.
Live would be via a MS Account.

Firstly if he's not a businessman he should've stuck to the Home version the upgrades not worth the price tag.

But assuming the Upgrade has gone through and the fact that you have a ISO of Win 10 you can follow these steps to reassign a password, be careful and methodical though as it is a little fiddly;

https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/
Thank you so much for the help with the log in and we do run a business from our home. Now we'll see if I can get it to work. Let you know what the outcome is.