Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Trying to Reinstall windows 10 on a non-bootable computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have an open thread where computer will not boot due to Inaccessible_Boot_Device. Tried many things but nothing worked. Thus, now downloaded a Windows 10 64-bit iso file - burned it to disk. Now trying to due a custom install with this disk.
However; it says I cannot install system on any of the partitions as they are GPT.
Drives are:
1 Drive 0 Partition 1 ESP - drive is GPT, thus cannot install. Type System - 500 Mb
2. Drives 0 Partition 2 and 3 are reserved OEM and MSR
3. Drive 0 partition 4: WINRETOOLS - type recovery
4 Drive 0 Partition 5: OS - 1845.5 GB - Primary Drive - Windows cannot be installed as it is a GPT partition style - THIS IS WHERE I HAD PLANNED ON INSTALLING WINDOWS 10
5. Drive 0 Partitions 6,7,8 are recovery drives
Drive 1 Partition 1: 128MB (MSR Reserved). Again GPT type
6. Drive 1 Partition 2: New Volume (this is empty) - 29.7 Gig. I believe this is the SSD attached to the HHD - type Primary. Again GPT

NOW WHAT: Did I download the wrong iso file, or where and how should I get past this problem. What would happen if I format? But which one. Don't yet want to do format without advice as once I do I will not be able to boot Via Safe Mode anymore.

Help is needed.
ok which windows 10 edition are you ruining on your system?

and which windows 10 edition did you download ?
The version number was the same. In the meantime I performed a PC Reset via Settings - Update & Recovery. This worked and I now have the computer back.

I appreciate your response.
Solved - Thread Closed