Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Anyone know how to reinstall / repair store app?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to run calculator this morning and it appears on the screen for about a second then disappears.

I went to apps and features menu and the calculator and alarm are listed strangely. I've attached an image.

I've also tried clicking on the calc.exe file that is supposed to start the calculator and the same thing happens, appears for a second then disappears.

On the app store it says its already installed.

I just did a sfc /scannow command (via admin) and it fixed some issues. But the calculator issue still not fixed.

Anyone have a suggestion?
I tried these instructions;

Quote:Solution 1 – Re-register Windows 10 apps using PowerShell

In the Search Bar type PowerShell and right click PowerShell app from the list of results.

From the menu choose Run as administrator.

When the PowerShell starts paste the following line and press Enter to run it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

The problem is there is no AppXManifest.xml file

Is there an easy way just to install this stuff without having to reset the PC?
I tried the trouble shooter program and it said there was no problems.

Calculator still doesn't work.

It's kinda weird that I can press the .exe file that is supposed to run the calculator and that does the same behaviour, opens and closes immediately.

Do you think if I do eventually attempt the 1151 update (after I've taken a system image), via the media creation tool i.e. installing it over the top of this windows, that it might install any missing files?
Code:
Uninstall Calculator:
Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage

Code:
Reinstall all apps
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

or you can download the old style calculator  
Hi mate,

I tried the code

Code:
Reinstall all apps
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

earlier and it came back saying it couldnt find AppXManifest.xml

I typed it in just now and it did seem to start calculating things but still said it coulding find that file. I'll post an image of it.

In the meantime I downloaded that old calculator. I was looking for a good simple calculator.

When I do the update 1151, I'm going to redownload the media creation tool. I'm hoping that it will install the update over windows. I've done that on my other Win10 machine when it wasn't getting the update. If I do it on this one do you think it'll copy those files back in?
Is you're windows fully updated? if not, please update it.
It was updated until I tried the update 1151 recently (its a new PC).

Then I had to revert it back to the previous build. I think thats where the problems started.

At the moment Windows update is saying no updates.

I'm going to do a backup of the system drive. Then I'll uninstall Asus Suite 3, then use the media creation tool to update to 1151.
Cool, let us know how you get on.