Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Is Pximouse A Virus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
windows 10 privacy i unchecked all my microsoft privacy  and i found a name in task manager for  (pximouse) i read that is part of microsoft keystrokes and other things microsoft look at, now is that a virus or something that MS watches your computer and is it safe to have on my system.  Confused
Is your system clean and free from malware? what have you run in the removing of the infections you had and how long ago was it when you got infected?
(02-29-2016, 05:23 PM)basher2342000 Wrote: [ -> ]windows 10 privacy i unchecked all my microsoft privacy  and i found a name in task manager for  (pximouse) i read that is part of microsoft keystrokes and other things microsoft look at, now is that a virus or something that MS watches your computer and is it safe to have on my system.  Confused

yes my system is clean i used malwarebytes and that found nothing its disabled in task manager under startup i even used ccleaner to clean it along with going into regedit and removing that i still see it but its disabled now i think that should be ok for now i havent had anything go wrong such as startups or any other thing

(02-29-2016, 06:35 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Is your system clean and free from malware? what have you run in the removing of the infections you had and how long ago was it when you got infected?

when i looked on that pximouse the site comes up with a link (TiltWheelMouse.exe it only happened after i installed a mouse i bought but im not using that i still see that on my system
I think I have covered this issue before on the forum

What is TiltWheelMouse.exe

Looks like a number of different mouse company's use this software to run there mouse hardware.