Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Attempted to read or write protected memory on windows error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As soon as I got to the desktop from installing windows 10 from a usb made today by the windows 10 creation tool I got this error Attempted to read or write protected memory on windows which is kind of crazy I think because the computer seemed fine but here's some logs attached below that were made after the incident

[attachment=697]

[attachment=696]
I also ran the memory diagnostic (basic: the windows has built in) it didn't find any problems, before that i ran sfc /scannow and both of em came out clean. The whole situation is pretty strange though because it happened right before it hit the desktop after a clean install of windows 10
I will be honest with you

windows 10 is pretty unusable lots people are getting problems with windows 10

I would stay away from windows 10 on still it get  stable
Sounds some sort of memory corruption, what caused the error? have you got screen shots of error? have you check event viewer? 
Im not sure exactly what caused because it was right before it hit the desktop process after a fresh install of windows 10 home, when the error happened it didnt give me a chance to closely look at the error code before it started doing a repair on the issue. I figured mini toolbox would have the error issue on it which is why i put the log with the post, should i look in the event veiwer for any errors that have to with memory and the kernel? Because i tried looking for the error that had to with the title in the post but i couldn't find one that was specifically to do with the error
Sorry I did not notice the Minitoolbox log.

Quote:Errors:
Activation of app Microsoft.WindowsPhone_8wekyb3d8bbwe!CompanionApp.App failed with error

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error

Try this to see if it resolves your issue:

1. Open Task manager. 
  2. Click File > Run New Task.
  3. Put a check mark in “Create this task with administrative privileges
  4. Type CMD.
[attachment=705]

Type the following commands in CMD prompt: 
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Code:
sfc /scannow

Code:
powershell

Code:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. Close the CMD window and Restart the Computer

Its okay britec. When you make a usb bootable device with a windows media creation tool for windows 10, it does what it should but after it installs the files and get to the restart process it boots the usb back up so when i get to the first restart process should i take the usb out?
what program did you use to create windows installation
From the microsft site windows media creation tool
fellow this video

Pages: 1 2