Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Unable to Rename or Move Folders in Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK so I an having a bit of a problem with my pc if I try to cut, move, or rename a file or folder I get an error that says" Can't find the specified file." "Make sure you specify the correct path and file name"

Any help please Thanks
Skrill

Windows 10 pro
Can you not use a "System Restore Point" from before the issue started happening? if you don't have a system restore setup, please try sfc/scannow

You might want to try this fixit tool from Microssoft 

I think its something to do with this registry key

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDesc​riptions]
(01-23-2016, 11:58 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not use a "System Restore Point" from before the issue started happening? if you don't have a system restore setup, please try sfc/scannow

You might want to try this fixit tool from Microssoft 

I think its something to do with this registry key

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDesc​riptions]

When I click run nit the Web page is not available
try using google chrome its working on my end
(01-23-2016, 09:03 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]try using google chrome its working on my end

I did and edge and Firefox and still nothing if it's a file can you send it to me please
note its virus free you can test it yourself if you like

note you are downloading it from google drive not Microsoft website

Microsoft fixit tool
Did you try System Restore?
(01-24-2016, 11:47 AM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try System Restore?

Yes I did it said the same thing

This is what i get when i run the program anything else i can do??
Did you run sfc /scannow 
(01-24-2016, 01:21 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run sfc /scannow 

Trying it now
Pages: 1 2