Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Hirens Boot USB/CD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to update and fix broken links for antimalware/antivirus tools in Hirens? I tried running a couple of utilities from within mini xp via Hirens but I get error messages about invalid links and updates failing. Since Hirens is no longer being maintained, I wonder if this is possible.

Better still, does anybody know how to make a custom version of Hirens? For example, I would like to be able to choose which utilities/apps to have in Hirens, but also to be able to add my OWN malware scanners/tools too, using portable versions.

Maybe a video tutorial perhaps?
I have made loads of my own type tools.
(11-06-2015, 06:54 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]I have made loads of my own type tools.

Could you make a tutorial on this?

I have portableapps.com USB but wanted a boot version to which I can customise the way I want...
What type of tools do you need?
Primarily, Antivirus/Malware Tools, backup and image tools, Windows password reset tool, cleaners and post malware repair tools, cleaning and recovery to name just a few!

Basically, a 'best of' Hirens. Or a tech's go to collection. Probably, everything you have on your boot USB would be good! Smile
You could use GEGeek Tool Kit
That looks awesome. Thanks Brian Smile
You're welcome.