Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: graphics card is so hot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
while playing Candy Crush Soda Saga in my Facebook, is that normal?
That is a bit warm for candy crush however that hardware is known to run hot regardless. Motherboard temps are high also. Make sure your computer is free of dust and you have good air flow. What is your room temperature at that time?
(10-31-2015, 04:14 AM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]That is a bit warm for candy crush however that hardware is known to run hot regardless. Motherboard temps are high also. Make sure your computer is free of dust and you have good air flow. What is your room temperature at that time?

my room is 82° F during daytime and 77° F during nighttime
i took the dust out of my computer a little bit using compressed air can last night
What fans do you have in your case? Hpw many fans? Should be at least 1 or 2 intake fans in the front and 2 or more exhaust fans in the back/top.

Try a test. Remove the side cover and do the dame test you have just done observing the temps. Then try pointing a small house fan at the open side if the case and run the test again. Let us know your results.
(10-31-2015, 01:25 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]What fans do you have in your case? Hpw many fans? Should be at least 1 or 2 intake fans in the front and 2 or more exhaust fans in the back/top.

Try a test. Remove the side cover and do the dame test you have just done observing the temps. Then try pointing a small house fan at the open side if the case and run the test again. Let us know your results.

i just turn on my computer on and here is the results but i didn't open the side cover
its still high you did answer the question

What fans do you have in your case?

can you take a photo of inside your case and post it here
graphics card has one fan

processor has two fans (one fan inside of my computer and one fan front of my computer)

power supply has one fan

i am using HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor

sorry i don't have camera with me, my brother has it, he is at california
ok that a small case are all the fans working?
yes it is
do you have it on carpet or a wooden table

I would try to bring down your room temp because the case is already small airflow will be a problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4