Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Dell optiplex 380 wont boot because of NMI memory check /Memory parity error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Machine: Dell optiplex 380
No hardware mods!

I beleive ethernet is causing this because it boots off hirens boot cd but wont run the internet browser.

Help!
Possibly bad RAM or a driver error. I would start with the RAM checking each stick individually and move on from there
i did memory check it, but it took to long. But i left it on and it succeeded. no errors in system event log (But some keyboard errors) but i beleive it is the ethernet on the computer! Becuase when i boot into hirens boot cd it runs until i open internet
No. But it as still got to be ethernet
did you try disabling ethernet in bois
It can boot into safe mode! It is ethernet
need solution pretty quickly

It might take more than 3 days as it is my schools computer that is messed up.
There is no way to know for sure that error is caused by your ethernet. It could be anything to do with any of your hardware. Does the system have a graphics card? unplug any devices from the motherboard, swap ram and ram slots. If it does go into safe mode start enabling services a handful at a time to try and narrow down your issue.
You can close this now, the computer got smashed at my school :O
Solved - Thread Closed