Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: IP address still encrypted after uninstalling VPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

This is very strange, but I was using Steganos Okay Freedom VPN. However, the software was not working very well on my PC. It did connect to a VPN but I wanted to stop the connection and uninstall the software. I selected in the tray where the software options are, disconnect but nothing happened, usually a window would come up saying disconnecting. I tired to connect to another VPN in the list. Same problem. So I though I just use the windows uninstaller and that would fix it. But my IP address is still very long encrypted numbers and letters, instead of for example 94.454.454.45 So I guess somewhere in the Windows settings there is a setting where the VPN is still being filtered through. But I don't know where to find it or how to disable it.      

(Sorry I know I should post this on Steganos website or something there forums have long gone and I really don't know where to go and I've watched Britec09 for a long time) 
Have you remove browser extensions?

Google Chrome

1. In top right hand corner, click control Google Chrome icon, now navigate to More tools > Extensions.

2. Search for the OkayFreedom extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.

Mozilla Firefox

1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.

2. Search for the OkayFreedom add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Sorry Britec, that's not it. There are no extensions causing this. The VPN wasn't an extension to a browser, but a full blown windows application. I thought that something like in internet options that the VPN umm address thing is still in the windows option and all my traffic is going there.
Do a search with Everything and find where files are.
  • Search for anything related to Okay Freedom VPN 
If the ip address which you are getting in a form of alpha numeric in your LAN or wlan , under their properties un check IPv6 protocol. If i got the picture right that should fix it.