Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Where did these partitions come from?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For years I've been using Macrium Reflect to create Drive Images of my Vista PC, sadly I think that that pc might be dead (still working on it, I'm 'a never give-upper').

So in the meantime I've had to switch to my Windows 8.1 pc which I've had for 10 months and barely used - I hate Windows 8.1 and the pc. I don't want Windows 10 either, so eventually I'm going to try Linux.

So, for now, I've got to get to grips with Windows 8.1, and my problem, I tried to create a drive image on an external drive with Macrium Reflect v6 but I find that version to be a bit confusing and don't want to spend loads of time getting used to it as I need to be working on my sick pc.

I've just seen the Britec vid on Aomei OneKey, so I'm going to try that, it looks very straight forward.  But, I seem to have done something strange with my C drive - screenshot attached.

I've got one drive ie C and I have no idea where the partitions came from, I only found out about them when I tried to create a drive image on the external drive.

Has anybody got any idea what I did to cause this and more to the point, how do I resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Loopy
These are the hidden partitions that the GPT partition table creates vs mbr partition table. That looks normal to me.
(09-26-2015, 04:40 AM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]These are the hidden partitions that the GPT partition table creates vs mbr partition table. That looks normal to me.
Thanks for responding, sorry for being a bit thick, but why are there two IMGSTOR partitions in the top section and one IMGSTOR partition in the bottom section.

AND

When I do my drive image should I include all the partitions that the Drive Image Software finds?

Jeanette

ps I hope I've done this reply to your reply correctly, couldn't find any 'How To'
(09-26-2015, 12:40 PM)Loopy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2015, 04:40 AM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]These are the hidden partitions that the GPT partition table creates vs mbr partition table. That looks normal to me.
Thanks for responding, sorry for being a bit thick, but why are there two IMGSTOR partitions in the top section and one IMGSTOR partition in the bottom section.

AND

When I do my drive image should I include all the partitions that the Drive Image Software finds?

Jeanette

ps I hope I've done this reply to your reply correctly, couldn't find any 'How To'

These are hidden partitions that GPT uses and are needed to boot to a GPT partition. The reason why they are blank is simply because they are meant to be hidden. You would need to copy all of the partitions over to have a complete bootable backup.