Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Create a System Restore Point with 1 Click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How often have you told yourself "I really should create a system restore point before trying this app/updating this driver, just in case..."

and like most other people, I too, find it all too much effort to either navigate through the settings and control panel, or using Windows search bar, clicking on System restore and naming, and then waiting for what seems like an eternity for windows to create one for you.

Well how about creating a restore point with One click? without leaving your desktop! (well actually it's two clicks, but more on that later)

There are lots of these types of apps around, some let you name your restore points, some have more features; in my opinion, those are just as much of a hassle as using Windows own System Restore (and not really time-saving) This particular programme is real quick. I have been using this one for quite some time now and even though there is no specific Windows 10 download, I have tested it on my Windows 10 Professional without any problems. The programme is called 'Quick Restore Maker'

Ok, so let's get started.

1) Download the app from here

2) You may need to scroll down to find the 'download' button.

[Image: ixspVwJ.png]

3) Once you have downloaded it, navigate to where you saved it too, I saved mine to the 'Downloads' folder.

[Image: W8nltZz.png]

4) You will now need to unzip the file, you can use whichever one you like for that, I'll be using 7-zip as I find it very good, and it's free; I unzipped mine to Desktop.

[Image: GsRZdiv.png]

5) There is nothing to 'install' as such, you just run the program. I dragged the app to my taskbar too, so I can access it regardless of whether or not I can see my desktop.

[Image: U6v6GMF.png]

Although it's a 'one-click' app, you do actually have to give an extra click for the Windows UAC, then the restore point is created as soon as the programme starts.

[Image: EcuOQWp.png]

After a short time you get the confirmation that the restore point has been created and at what time.

[Image: dBvMTfY.png]

That's it folks! as easy as ONE CLICK and you create peace of mind. Now there is no excuses Smile
Thanks for the tutorial.
good job
Nice one EAPTCB