Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How to change photo metadata?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I have been scanning some old photos recently to store and view from my various devices using Google photos (a brilliant app IMHO) the problem I have is that when I search for photos from a particular year, the newly uploaded photos have the date I scanned rather than the date I shot the photos. This can be really annoying when you see a photo of your now 16-year-old son as a newborn baby in 2015!

Is there a way to go into the photos metadata and change the date to reflect the time the photo was shot?

Thanks
You mean right click photo>properties>details tab?
OMG! as simple as that! Blush Thank you so much Smile -This has to be Newbie question of the year for you Brian!!

I was browsing on my iPhone with this query on some random site (yeah, I know, I should have come here first!) and then I was redirected to the App Store where there were 'Metadata Changing' Apps, the descriptions made the whole thing sound very difficult, in a  'This process is very difficult and you must buy our app to do this for you' - kind of way!

Thanks again Brian,
Glad you got the problem solved.