Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How to fix shortcut virus on USB drives with MCShield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this tutorial i will show you how to fix USB drive infected with shortcut virus. This is very nasty virus that infects USB and with this tool i will show you how to save your data from infected drive and format it .

1) Download MCShield by MyCity and install it on your system.

2)Make sure you have latest virus database by clicking Update in UI and then plug your USB in.

[Image: 2015_08_07_154143.jpg]

This will also scan your hard drive for infection source.

Scan progress doesn't show because scanning lasts for 10 seconds.

Disinfected files will be in folder so you can copy them and format drive and put them back where they were.

After disinfection you need to format your drive !
Quote:This will also scan your hard drive for infection source.

Scan progress doesn't show because scanning lasts for 10 seconds.

Really? 10 secs for a full TB drive?
500 GB , 2 seconds Wink

[Image: 2015_08_07_161815.jpg]
Very fast scan speed but as far as I can work out it doesn't scan anything. Not impressed by it, it couldn't even detect a Eicar test virus everything else does Angry Dodgy
It detects only USB malware. If you want EICAR detected,turn on Paranoid Mode.
Oh I see. Interesting. I wonder if they'll do a portable sand boxed version so you could scan a infected drive within itself without being shutdown.
I contacted one of developers and he said that cannot be possible because of driver that McShield uses. It is a great program and it uses only 6MB. One of developers is actually malware removal expert like myself (i still learning about Combofix and Zoek,other tools are completed)