Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitlocker solution
I'm currently working in a contract position doing desktop support.

The company (Peer-to-Peer Network) wants to implement FDE (Full Disk Encryption) on approximately 8 laptops running Windows 7 Professional. The PCs need to be upgraded to Windows 7 Enterprise for the Bitlocker feature at approximately $125 per laptop. I believe the the laptops came with Windows 8 CDs/account which does support the Bitlocker Feature, however the users are reluctant to move Windows 8.

The other option we've looked at is Sophos Enterprise SafeGuard, however it requires running a Windows Server which the company is not ready to invest in at this point.

I take it a dual boot with Windows 7/8 (Having Windows 8 providing Full Bitlocker Encryption) won't work across partitions.

What other FDE solutions are viable in this scenerio, if anyone has and previous experience or suggestions I'd be interested in hearing what solutions they came up with.

Not sure where you are located but I have experience with TOSS Data Encryption. They use PGP disk encryption and support for a small financial adviser institution in my area.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Thanks Timster.

I didn't know about TOSS Data Encryption.

I'll take a look at it.