Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Breach
You mean this ; https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/support/how-do-i-protect-my-facebook-account-using-bitdefender-2015-safego-1305.html

If you've followed the instructions correctly and are still having problems, you may wish to contact BD.

Yes after reasearching the error message I found a possibility...www. was left out of address in search bar.I can't remember if my administrator clicked on activate or typed the address himself and he is unavailable at the moment. Anyhow I cannot get past this error page to retype my facebook info and reactivate, in the window where it says "reports for facebook" it said "activate for facebook" that's where we clicked and got this process started. Now if I click " reports for facebook" it takes me to the error page and when I click on "SAFEGO" to see if it's at least monitoring facebook it does nothing. In my 55th hour of waiting on response from Bitdefender.

Try logging into your FB account as normal (without Safego) and check FB settings to see if there is a function that allows for Safego activation.

<Source>

*translation via google
Quote:Good Morning

under bitdefender 2015

not activate the protection Facebook -

I click enable Facebook protection, but nothing there

I go safego - enable for Facebook - I arrive on My bitdefender 2015 - I click activate facebook protection - but nothing there

thank you

good day

Quote:Hello beubeu,

Check your Facebook account in the application settings that Safego is allowed.

I had to wait a week minimum for a reply from BD in the past but thought it was down to me using the free version and therefor not being a priority, maybe I was wrong and that's just how they do things. Huh

Their antivirus program is definitely better than their customer service.

Due to their BLATANT LACK of COMMUNICATION,poor customer service,uncaring and/or just complete disregard of the matter, THANKS TO BD Staff because of a MINOR issue, my system (that I just spent a good chunk of change on) is infected once again. Good thing the the program speaks for itself... I don't think they would bother.

Your infected? BitDefender is a step above most free antiviruses in my opinion.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(03-11-2015, 02:49 AM)Timster Wrote:  Your infected? BitDefender is a step above most free antiviruses in my opinion.
Have to agree with Timster here, I was an avid user of BitDefender free for a couple of years and would still be using it today if they hadn't had server sync issues over the New Years period.

@sikochikn

What makes you think you're infected?

Oh don't get me wrong I am very happy with how the program performs the features it offers,and the simplicity of the whole ordeal.I'm just very frustrated with the customer service aspect of it, I'm on nearly my 5th day and haven't heard a word or received an email from anyone. When they sent an email responding to my claim it was for an open ticket when I responded I was sent a logging tool so they have the schematics of my system,I logged my system and sent a brief description of the problem just as they asked then no response for 3 days when aggravated with no responses to my emails I called them on the phone talked to a guy about problem and he sent me a link on how to clean a Mozilla cache since then it's been nothing. I understand this computer work can be a good bit tedious, but come on, a little feedback or a update would do me a lot of good, I mean this whole time my system is sitting here with a gaping hole in it to one of the biggest virus/malware highways in the world. I may not be infected but strange things are going on that weren't before,files being added with strange names, files & folders being moved and emptied, my entire folder system was moved, I found it chased it around for a day and a half and now I can't find it at all.Drivers are being added, icons are being changed to something different, new additions being added to control panel.Screens and windows are being reformatted and switched, yesterday I was prompted to turn windows update on 5 times in 45 minutes,unexpected crashes ,and the list goes on. My system was jam up operational wise before the mishap with activating FB protection. And you mention server issue i've been having continuous "cannot connect to" & "cannot find server" screens appear when trying to connect to certain areas also. I finally disabled BD temporarily did some cleaning with my Regcure Pro and reinstalled my Vipre and did some deep scanning and cleansing also.

There is your problem RegcurePro. All reg cleaners are essentially snake oil and will cause more harm than good to a system.

It hasn't been installed during this fiasco. Been installed less than 24 hours, thanks for the info it's being uninstalled right now. Even the Windows version?