Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading from XP to Win7 the Quickest Way possible more 60+ PC's
Hi All,

Just throwing out a problems to see who would have a solution to quickest way possible to achieve this I have around 60+ pc that need upgrading to Win7 from XP I have a number of programs that also need to be installed & configured on the PC's is it possible to Install a PC with all the programs that is required & clone the HD and copy it across to the other PC's if this is Possible what would be the best software to use this for i'm happy to Paid for the software if it's going to save some time or is there a free option out there also which is just a good.

In my opinion it can't be done. You'll have to build each os one at a time.

compatibilty issues with drivers and programs will probably be an issue but incompatible driver's you should beable to just upgrade the hardware that's causing the problem but the xp programs are 50/50.

Are there Windows 7 drivers available for these computers? What are the technical specs of these computers?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(01-29-2015, 05:09 PM)mittsy Wrote:  Hi All,

Just throwing out a problems to see who would have a solution to quickest way possible to achieve this I have around 60+ pc that need upgrading to Win7 from XP  I have a number of programs that also need to be installed & configured on the PC's is it possible to Install a PC with all the programs that is required & clone the HD and copy it across to the other PC's if this is Possible what would be the best software to use this for i'm happy to Paid for the software if it's going to save some time or is there a free option out there also which is just a good.

Hi Mittsy the fastest way to do this would be using an image file.
1. You would need to grab one of the 60 PC's install the OS and all necessary programs and drivers.
2. Create an image from that PC and clone the rest of those PC's from that image. you can place the image on a PC or a server.
You can do this with Norton Ghost or Redo backup and recovery

Click Here for a video that will help you.

Thanks all for the advise.... Miguel had the top solution which help for about 60% of the PC & the rest was done Manually ... thanks a Mill for the Advise... Guys ..

(02-23-2015, 09:53 PM)mittsy Wrote:  Thanks all for the advise.... Miguel had the top solution which help for about 60% of the PC & the rest was done Manually ... thanks a Mill for the Advise... Guys ..

Thank you. May I ask why did you have to do the rest manually?