Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Account Password Corrupted inside Computer Only - Need Help
Yesterday I opened a thread called Microsoft Account Signon trying to explain my issue. After working hours on it I want to open this log and better define my issue. The computer is a Lenovo Desktop with Windows 8.1 installed with an SSD and an HHD drive. There are no markings on the case to tell me model number. I also realized after awhile that you need to hold down the Shift Key when either powering off or restarting to insure a complete boot up.
1. My client apparently opened an email that messed up his computer. He contacted Microsoft and one of their technicians got into his computer. From that point on apparently the microsoft account signon password got corrupted only inside his computer. I can signon to his Microsoft Account, got microsoft to send me a code so I could reset his password. This worked on his account only. Still cannot logon to his computer - password failed - try again message.
2. I tried F1 - Bios, F12 - Boot Menu and cannot get past the CMOS password. Boot menu lets me past but cannot change anything - trying to change boot order so I can boot to Hirens. F1-Bios gives me a fatal error. I also tried F10 to change Boot from Standard to Legacy - F10 does not work on this Lenovo Desktop.
3. Pulled the Cmos battery for 30 minutes, put it back in and no change to the Bios password, still locked out of modifying anything related to boot order.
4. F8 - Safe Mode still wants a password - thus cannot get into Safe Mode with Command Prompt to create an Administrator Account.

I need help from someone with more technical knowledge than I have. Either trying to boot to a rescue disk or get into Command Mode to create an Administrator Account.

I am hoping one of the Moderators will respond as they are more technical and knowledgable than I am. Also anyone who can offer another solution to what I have tried so far.

Chuck Devlin (cfdevlin01)

Try this website out and get back to us on the results
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000235.htm

I reset the CMOS battery by taking it out for 30 minutes. No change whatsoever. I am working with microsoft as the client told me he has had this logon problem since the microsoft technicial took over his computer and tries to fix an Outlook problem. Either he changed the password or corrupted something. I am working with microsoft, but it is tedious as they never seem to understand what the problem is. They have me in a loop right now.
Still trying to figure a work around so I can get into the computer and create an Administrative account - that would then correct this problem.

In the attachment there's a picture of the bios battery and then a picture of the cmos password jumper for the bios. You only take the jumper out to switch between the 3 pins.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Screenshot_2015-01-28-13-33-47-1.jpg (Size: 17.51 KB / Downloads: 7)

@cfdevlin01

Does that OS still use sticky keys? (SHIFT key 5 times at login)

Hey GuiltySpark I think that only works when booting from the win8 setup disk/usb. Switching the jumper settings on the motherboard is probably the next step I would try.

@cfdevlin01 how are you going? If nothing works you should be able to do a reset.
When you get to startup screen hold shift and press restart to get to advanced options, then select troubleshoot and reset.
It should not ask for a password when doing this. But backup the clients data first of course.