Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Account Signon
I have done that before, but it required first to signon via microsoft account, catch 22.

The net user command?

I can't get into the computer - can't get by the microsoft account signon screen. Not sure what the Net User Command is. Probably need to google it.

OK, have you tried this:
https://4sysops.com/archives/offline-enable-the-windows-8-built-in-administrator-account/

Oh wait, you need to boot off media for this.
When you get to startup screen have you tried holding shift and pressing restart to get advanced options?
From there you can try various things. I would try system restore first if it works.

I forgot about the Shift Key + Restart. I will try it and see what happens. Probably try this one last thing tonight and then pick up again in the morning. I have Hirens bootable disk and it is not working to boot up. I will also try the del key instead of F1 or F2 for bios as this is a desktop.

I really appreciate you staying with me on this. I know an answer is somewhere. If can't resolve by tomorrow, customer will be on a 2 week vacation, thus plenty of time then to resolve one way or the other.

OK, well I would remove the battery from the motherboard to reset. I thought it was a laptop you had.

Open the computer case to examine the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery. Gently remove the battery from its housing and reinsert the battery after 10 minutes. This should reset the BIOS password.

I tried the restart while holding down the shift key - got me into various options, but none would work without the password. Tomorrow I will try and take out the cmos battery and see if that resets the bios password. then go from their. Again thanks for the help.

You're welcome. If you want, you can say thank you by rating my posts Smile

Pulled cmos battery for 30 minutes, placed back in, and still got cmos password check when trying to get into F1-bios and F12 - boot order. Kind of stumped at this time. Am going to open a new post to see if I can clairfy the issue.

Get the ownership information from the customer (i.e. name, place of purchase, date of purchase). Call support line for the make of the computer and see if they can provide you with a master password that works. They may ask for computer serial number and they will want proof of ownership information. I have done this successfully once with a Acer computer that had a BIOS password. Hopefully this is a option for you.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net