Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polymorphic Malware
Hi Guys,
Is Polymorphic Malware typically detected and dealt with using typical Anti-Malware detection programs? Not always being up on the 'latest and greatest' topics this condition is new to me.
Currently

I'm not aware of this type of condition on my working system. I'm asking as a preventative measure.

If programs similar to Malware-bytes Pro doesn't doesn't detect such threats what is considered a good detection program that will detect such infections?

Thanks!

yes program like Malwarebytes should detect the malware

how can prevent yourself from getting it be careful what program you download & install

(01-12-2019, 04:12 PM)Philip Wrote:  Hi Guys,
Is Polymorphic Malware typically detected and dealt with using typical Anti-Malware detection programs? Not always being up on the 'latest and greatest' topics this condition is new to me.
Currently

I'm not aware of this type of condition on my working system. I'm asking as a preventative measure.

If programs similar to Malware-bytes Pro doesn't doesn't detect such threats what is considered a good detection program that will detect such infections?

Thanks!

Depends how the polymorph has adapted and whether or not the Anti-Malware program can work on multiple levels -: Behaviour based, Signature based, Code based detections, for example.
Most will eventually detect them although it may take a mixture of Anti-Rootkit software, Anti-Keylogging software to achieve it.