Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torch browser
i heard the Torch browser has built in downloading torrents, etc., is it safe using the Torch browser? i look on Yahoo! answers and he told me no threats found, is that true?

Last time I tested it (a couple of years ago) it wasn't brilliant in my opinion and was full of ads, as it turns out Torch is sponsored/endorsed by Conduit a very crappy piece of adware (aren't they all).

(12-14-2014, 11:49 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Last time I tested it (a couple of years ago) it wasn't brilliant in my opinion and was full of ads, as it turns out Torch is sponsored/endorsed by Conduit a very crappy piece of adware (aren't they all).

so i recommended stay away from Torch browser? i haven't installed yet

I haven't tested it since. If you do want to test it I would recommend using a Virtual Device like Virtual Box to see if it presents any problems, that way your main system remains infection free.

(12-15-2014, 12:26 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  I haven't tested it since. If you do want to test it I would recommend using a Virtual Device like Virtual Box to see if it presents any problems, that way your main system remains infection free.

i don't want to buy product key to install operating system on virtual box, so i did checked on virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8d6f0d0e468b0c90a2ac1b88dac345cd10b7fef225da1f3d1e7a039ce8d11309/analysis/

so i'm going to use google chrome