Google Chrome
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-miner
(01-01-2018, 06:41 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Never assume that a Linux Machine is free from a virus or Malware... There is always a possibility that someone could click on a link and something get in.

Larry:

Good Point: The STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard someone tell me is "Macs don't GET viruses" Apple, was somehow being stupid when they said this, and my friend who was a technician was LAUGHING as hard as I was - You ALWAYS can get hit with a virus, REGARDLESS of the OS - I just have to find a good AV for my Linux box - any suggestions??

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

(01-02-2018, 08:53 PM)baker7 Wrote:  
(01-01-2018, 06:41 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote:  Never assume that a Linux Machine is free from a virus or Malware... There is always a possibility that someone could click on a link and something get in.

Larry:

Good Point:  The STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard someone tell me is "Macs don't GET viruses"  Apple, was somehow being stupid when they said this, and my friend who was a technician was LAUGHING as hard as I was - You ALWAYS can get hit with a virus, REGARDLESS of the OS - I just have to find a good AV for my Linux box - any suggestions??

Brian

Yup... No matter what platform you use... If you're connected to the internet, you are vulnerable to something. Most of the time things get in by something that a user does. Linux, for example, include repositories where drivers and programs have been vetted in some form and considered safe... going outside of that could cause problems or result in an infected Linux Machine.

The only company that I know of who provides Antivirus for Linux is Comodo...

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/antivirus-for-linux.php
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

@baker7

You should post a new thread for this.