Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 cannot uninstall SP1
Hi

I am trying to do an inplace upgrade repair but windows will not allow me to uninstall SP1. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Why are you trying to uninstall SP1?

(11-30-2014, 05:08 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Why are you trying to uninstall SP1?

Hi GS

To do a inplace upgrade repair or at least getting a computer repair man to do it. He says it cannot be done unless SP1 is uninstalled. PS: and it is, with the greatest respect, no good telling me it can be done, because I am not confident enough to do it. I can follow the instructions but in my experience doing things with computers don't always go to plan and it is that that bothers me because I do not know enough (not much at all) to get me out of a jam if everything does not go to plan.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

Does your Windows disc have sp1 built into it?

If not you would have to download a copy of Win 7 with sp1 installed (any version of windows 7 should suffice even if you have to borrow a legit copy from a friend).

Otherwise to uninstall sp1

Remember to backup any data you wish to keep before attempting.

Remember to download all necessary Drivers before attempting.

(11-30-2014, 06:40 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Does your Windows disc have sp1 built into it?

If not you would have to download a copy of Win 7 with sp1 installed (any version of windows 7 should suffice even if you have to borrow a legit copy from a friend).

GS Thank you for your response. I do not have a Windows Disk with SP1 or otherwise, It is a OEM Windows. I cannot uninstall SP1 because I used Disk Cleanup since installing SP1, the backup files needed to uninstall the service have been deleted. The computer repair guy says that the Windows 7 downloaded from the anywhere on the internet are not 'Official Microsoft Windows' and cannot  be trusted to work.

Kind regards

(11-30-2014, 07:37 PM)Ron Barker Wrote:  
(11-30-2014, 06:40 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Does your Windows disc have sp1 built into it?

GS Thank you for your response. I do not have a Windows Disk with SP1 or otherwise, It is a OEM Windows. I cannot uninstall SP1 because I used Disk Cleanup since installing SP1, the backup files needed to uninstall the service have been deleted. The computer repair guy says that the Windows 7 downloaded from the anywhere on the internet are not 'Official Microsoft Windows' and cannot  be trusted to work.

Kind regards

[/quote]

Quote:The computer repair guy says that the Windows 7 downloaded from the anywhere on the internet are not 'Official Microsoft Windows' and cannot be trusted to work.

Not true.

The link I posted are legit Windows 7 RTM discs and are authorized by MicroSoft, part of the Digital River deal.

(11-30-2014, 07:40 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  
Quote:The computer repair guy says that the Windows 7 downloaded from the anywhere on the internet are not 'Official Microsoft Windows' and cannot be trusted to work.

Not true.

The link I posted are legit Windows 7 RTM discs and are authorized by MicroSoft, part of the Digital River deal.

GS: Thanks. I believe you. In fact I was confident that they genuine before I posted.

Kind regards

PS: I forgot, the computer repair man said it wouldn't matter if windows from digital river were genuine SP1 still needed to be uninstalled to do an inplace upgrade repair.