Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there problems with windows after a clean installation?
I use the Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download tool: https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Compton, can you please give instructions on how to properly format, partition and install Windows. That where I am going wrong, that why it is not working. Please can you give some instructions on how to do that.

I would use this Program to create a windows installation media

rufus

f you need help with formatting the partitions when you are doing the installation, you can take a photo and post it on the forum

(10-07-2016, 04:44 PM)Compton Wrote:  I would use this Program to create a windows installation media

rufus

f you need help with formatting the partitions when you are doing the installation, you can take a photo and post it on the forum
Here is the picture of the partitions:

.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 99.37 KB / Downloads: 125)
Drive 0/Windows Drive is my ssd, how do I properly format, partition and install Windows, not just for this machine but for any machine I work on.

the photo is upside down

(10-07-2016, 06:42 PM)Compton Wrote:  the photo is upside down
Sorry I am having issues with the camera

When I am installing windows on different computers, how do I properly format, partition and install windows

ok so what you did to the SSD is to create many partitions or do you have more then one hard drive in your system?

this how I would do it delete drive 0 partition 2

create a new windows partition

it didn't happen to my pc

I've used Heidoc before, but have gotten bad ISO images from them. For Windows 7, I would suggest creating an ISO file from a genuine CD. For 8.1 and 10, I would suggest using the Media Creators to make USBs.

When it comes to doing fresh installs on customer PC's...First thing I do is test the Hard Drive with either HD-Tune or Vivor. If the Hard Drive has no issues, I wipe the Windows Partition with CCleaner one pass, or Active Killdisk one pass / format / install. This takes longer, but you can avoid many issues.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

Now you have me curious. Why wipe the drive when you are going to delete and format? Am I missing something?
WannaBeGeek

Just formatting the drive leaves things behind. When it involves customer computers… security, and the way new malware works these days… Wiping the Windows partition ensures that the partition is completely clean, and no data can be recovered from the partition.

Now if this was his own personal PC(s), It doesn’t matter if he wipes it or not.
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com