Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you keep reinstalling Windows, will it make your computer slow?
(06-13-2016, 05:31 PM)Compton Wrote:  I think what should be consider is  that every time you format or rewrite/write you are creating heat on the SSD chip
which that only can make a hard drive go bad 5 to 8 years is a bit much to put on any hard drive
if you push any hard drive too hard it will go bad

away guys this tread  s not about hard drive lifespan

REC560  did you check the system for malware is your computer actually working slow?
I did check the system for malware on my computer and removed it, however, I am not sure if it is slow or is it me thinking it is slow. Can give me some situations when a computer would be slow?

https://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.htmlOver time ssd will slow down, even more so if you don't have trim enabled. you would do good to do a test on the read and wright speeds of your ssd. I think crystal disk will test this for you, and then go to manufacturer and find out what the ssd  rated for and if there is a big difference that is the slow down.
WannaBeGeek

well you said some malware was remove I would make sure the system is free of malware
what is the manufacturer and model of the hard drive ?
Like  Double clutch said test the hard drive speed CrystalDiskMark

is the fan really dirty? because it seems your pc is slow

REC560 if you have a fresh install of Windows on a ssd you should not be slow at all. As a matter of fact your boot up time from the push of the power button to having your desktop ready to work should be around 10-15 seconds max.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

WannaBeGeek

I think most windows 10 starts should be between 10-20 seconds, because you sometimes have a couple of to 5 seconds on the Windows 10 Boot screen to deal with, but once you get it on, should be really fast - depending on what's loading and whether its a Desktop or Laptop Smile

Brian
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

(06-14-2016, 11:24 PM)baker7 Wrote:  I think most windows 10 starts should be between 10-20 seconds, because you sometimes have a couple of to 5 seconds on the Windows 10 Boot screen to deal with, but once you get it on, should be really fast - depending on what's loading and whether its a Desktop or Laptop Smile

Brian
Hi Brian, thank you for replying to my case and everyone as well. Here is a snapshot of my ssd speeds, i have attached it to this message

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 31.42 KB / Downloads: 38)

the speed looks pretty good what manufacturer and model of the sdd

(06-16-2016, 03:52 PM)Compton Wrote:  the speed looks pretty good what manufacturer and model of the sdd
I have attached the information of my ssd from crystaldisk. Look at the attachment

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 53.83 KB / Downloads: 34)