Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Back to W7 from W8.1 - Help !
(08-10-2015, 02:46 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok when you purchase the the laptop what operating system that it come with windows 7 or 8

what's the model number of the laptop

The original OS W7!
I upgraded it to W8.1 & this W8.1 is NOT upgradable to W10 ...

I want to put back the W7 but my laptop has a built-in W7 & has NO disc!
I don't know its product key!

In short , I want to put it back to its Original OS-W7 ...

Sad

Huh

Which edition was of Windows 7 ? Usually OEM has key in BIOS or at back of laptop. Mine is in BIOS.

(08-10-2015, 08:10 PM)Ankh Warrior Wrote:  Which edition was of Windows 7 ? Usually OEM has key in BIOS or at back of laptop. Mine is in BIOS.

I saw a Product Key at the back ... with some bar code ? Sad

Is that the Product of W7 ? If yes , what disc shall I use to put back W7

I have another W7 disc from my Dell 755 , can i use it & put the product key located at the back of laptop?

Thank you for giving time on my questions ... you are a good human! Smile

Product key is Xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx format.

Here's more info about downgrade : https://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx#fbid=nL8mSmTDYlI

yes that would be the Product Key it should say what version of windows is it?

(08-10-2015, 08:51 PM)Compton Wrote:  yes that would be the Product Key it should say what version of windows is it?

It is written at the back WINDOW 7 HOME PREM OA

BTW , i am not a computer engineer , I just believe on my DIY capability because i am an automotive engineer only but this case is a pain in ass ! I regret why I bought W8.1 in eBay to upgrade my W7 ... Sad

That is serial key for Windows 7 Home Premium. You need that editions DVD .

(08-10-2015, 09:07 PM)Ankh Warrior Wrote:  That is serial key for Windows 7 Home Premium. You need that editions DVD .

Too much Pressure about technical is not good for my health due to my aneurysm stroke ... I think i must give up ... I can not find a very good video for easier DIY ... Sad

I remember when i first bought the Laptop , the laptop told me to burn 4 recovery DVD disc but it is all missing now .. Sad

I would like to thank all of you for entertaining my querry ...

God bless you all ! Heart

ok then you should just take it to a repair shop

it would be better for your health

feel free to come back any time to ask a question